Ibuki Tada. 4th year student of the Department of Synthetic Design, Faculty of Industrial Technology, Tsukuba University of Technology.
Overview of the emblem design
- The theme of the emblem is a ‘circle’ meaning the connection between people.
- This emblem contains three motifs, a ‘hand’, representative symbol of the deaf community, ‘circle’, and ‘flower’. The emblem express that people touch with competition and the topic of the Deaflympics, and mutual exchange and communities made by the Deaflympics gradually connect like a ‘circle’, and after the ‘circle’ will expand, new future ‘flowers’ will bloom. The motif of ‘flower’ is cherry blossom petals.
Creation of design proposal
- Multiple proposals of the emblem design were created by students mainly from the Faculty of Industrial Technology, Department of Synthetic Design at National University Corporation Tsukuba University of Technology, the only university deaf and hard of hearing people and blind people in Japan.
Selection and determination of designs
- Group work was conducted with the participation of middle and high school students including students of schools for the deaf in Tokyo.
- Designs are selected and decided by voting in group work (September 3, 2023)